India Trip Part 4 : Delhi, Kotdwar, Agra

LOL... after a year..
finally.. I blog last part of my India trip.

I've been very very very very hectic now days. SUPER DUPER CRAZY MONTHS...

But, I really want to share my India's experience so much.
So here it is...

DELHI

So basically,, in Delhi we live in friend's apartment. I've wrote this on India Highligh.
Because they have to prepare their wedding at Kodwar, basically just me and my indo friends live here for 2 days (even tho their maid comes everyday to prepare breakfast and cleaning the house.
We were not go to Kodwar because we want to walk around Delhi.

They keep monitor us via message, because they worried with us.
Our friend said that gang rape mostly happened in the rural area but since she is a girl and mostly live abroad or Mumbay, she thinks Delhi not friendly enough for woman.

Please use Uber rather than MRT. I tried MRT with my Indian friend (woman and man) and everyone looking at us. LOL. My friend said there is a special carriage for woman, but mostly woman in Delhi using Uber or drive their own car.

But my Uber driver was amazing, I have no complain to them. Even tho they can not talk in english, but they are very polite. The price also very cheap, so Uber was my saviour at that time. But Uber didnt have call feature in their apps, so I have to change my sim card to local, to call the driver.

There are lot of tourist spot in Delhi and its very antique, old, artsy, full of history. LOVELY.



Here some of the tourist spot that you can visit :

1. Gate of India

I didnt take photo on Gate of India, because it's already night. Hiks.
But we walking around near there and found mall in India.
Well.. just found out that mall in India not more than 3 stories.. i dont know why.
There are lot of bar, cafes and shops from high end to ordinary story. 




Please dont left India without visit Henna Parlour. You can also find this here.
We tried to find henna parlour at the building, but somehow we cannot find it.
So we ask people, and they said there are Henna artist in the open space.
They are ladies who sit in the street and offer the henna.
After walk for 1 hours, lol, finally we found the ladies. 
It's very cheap, only 100-300 rupee for hands.


2. Humayun's Tomb


Humayun was one of Emperor in India. When he had died, his first wife and empress at that time Bega Begum built the tomb. Bega Begum was so grieved over her husband's death that she dedicated her life thenceforth to a sole purpose: the construction of the most magnificent mausoleum in the Empire, She herself supervised the construction. 



I'm so happy because the weather was mild in the daytime.
Btw, because I thought that the sun was not there (because the gloomy sky).
I use Pixi Glow Tonic (Glycolic Acid) every night in India.
These product strongly said that we have to use it at night and avoid sun for days.
AND I FORGOT THAT. LOL
soooo.. after return from India, my face was very very very damage.

It's also happened after my korea and japan trip. My face break down.
Finally I know, that my skin are very dry, in the winter season, I have to use lot of special moisturiser. In korea and Japan they mostly sell product that special for winter season. 
You can bought there, since you can not find that product in Indonesia.  


3. Qutb Minar

In India Highlight Blog, I wrote about how friendly animal in India. 
Well we that squirrel in Qutb Minar, while everyone take a photo of us feeding squirrel. 

One of the best spot to chill in India, because not lot of people go to here.
You have to go to here and dont forget to brings snack for the squirrel.




4. The Lotus Temple

A very huge temple, but sadly you have to leave you belongings at the entrance.
All belonging, include camera, handphone, etc.

When I went there, there are lot of student who visit the temple.
A lot... like thousand student.
I think 3000 or more, this not include local tourist and foreigner.
So this temple was very very crowded, but clean.

AND IT'S FREE you dont have to buy ticket.

Inside, you have to change your shoes with sandals.

5. Akshardham Temple

Same with lotus temple, this temple also very crowded.
While I go to there, also there are lot of student. LOL
But not as lot as lotus temple.

In Qutub Minar, we met employee who ask if we need guidance.
We politely decline, because we think it's too good to be true.

We met another one in Akshardham Temple. 
Basicly, it's already 5 or 6pm (time to close the temple). 
While we walk to the exit, we found other building/temple that we didnt visit yet.
So we go to there and met the employee who use whistle to give sign to the visitor that our limit has finished because we know our place, LOL. 
So we back, but right before that he called us and ask if we want to go the place.We said we want, but we know the time already finished, so it's fine for us.
But he said, "it's ok, I will accompany you to inside for a while"
because he always smile, polite and we thought maybe all employee in tourist area are friendly and it's their duty to make tourist comfortable with the area.
We take the offer.
He accompany us inside, while he still blowing his whistle and tell other visitor that the place already closed.
After he accompany us, we say thank you and politely ask for leave.
Suddenly, he said, "what's money in Indonesia ?" and I tell him "rupiah"
He smile and give sign (money like in the movie) and tell "rupiah"
At first me and my friend shock, we didnt know that he has a motive.
We thought that he is a good person. T_T
Seriously we scared, because we dont know if its breaking the law if we gave him money, we also scared if we gave him money that dont suit with him, he will angry with us.
Seriously I very scared. because his face change suddenly when ask money. T_T
Long story short we gave him money and left without even said something.
Feel betray, cheat and also scared. hiks

  
:(( why sir whyyy :((( 

5. Bar, Resto & Traditional Market

by the way, our Indian friends brought us to bar inside the mall just to feel the ambience.
we just stay for may be 10 minute. LOL



and after that 10 minute, we went to famous restaurant. you have to try it if you visit India.
dont ask me, where the restaurant is, because I just sit in the car and voila I arrived.


The Himalayan Kitchen

Do you remember, in the my India highlight blog, i write that someone steal my wallet ?
here the location, LOL. 
Seriously.... you can find very very very cheap things in here. 
I repeat VERY VERY CHEAP. (please dont forget to bargain half of the price).
I bought earrings only for 10-50 rupee, bags only 30 rupee, huhu very very cheap.

If you see think these market seems not too crowded, it's because we try to find shops in the alley. because my friend said it's more cheap there and because no one tourist know this place yet. while in the main street it's very very crowded, i lost my wallet there while i was bargain hiks.



I dont know name of these market


KOTDWAR

Basically Kotdwar are rural areas, to get to here, we have to drive for 4-6 hours.
Lot of paddy field, quite and still like countryside, lovely place.
I'm so blessed to experience not only tourist place but also local area. 



Well .. there is a time, me and my friend (woman) went together to experience traditional market. We want to buy something, at that time 6 pm, we thought that because it's near.
We will not getting lost, but turn out, Kotdwar is really rural area, in the night there is no light, and no one outside their home at night. So basically we dont arrive at the market because it's really dark, and everyone in the street looking at us. So we were back to our hotel and get scolded from our Indian friends because went out alone. 

AGRA

Agra is a very popular tourist place, but it takes 4-6 hours drive to get there. But it's really worth it. A beautiful place fill with exotic panorama, a place that you should visit in India.

1. Taj Mahal

Ci Uke infront of Taj Mahal

Well... this place very huge and place with lot of meaning. 
So we decide to hire local guide here, very cheap.
The funny moment, when we just park our car, the guide offer 1000 rupee.
A long we walk to the entrance, lot of guide offering their service and the price more decrease when we reach the entrance, until it became 100 or 200 rupee. OMG....
and having a tour guide was very very useful :
- they know spot to take a good picture without lot of people 
- he can scold locals who want to take a picture with us, and locals very honor him
- he knows the history and passionately explain it to us
- he know route for foreigner so you dont have to queuing with locals (seriously we blessed to know him, because the queuing was very long. I think it's also because we have different ticket price with local

AND IF YOU STUDENT. dont forget to bring your ID student, because in every place you will get 50% off for ticket. 

Lot of people in Taj Mahal  


Me and Ci Uke


 
The tour guide help me to find this spot 


Because the distance from car park to entrance is very far.
We use this things.. lovelyyyy

2. Agra Fort


Agra Fort

This place built for defensive purpose and constructed from red sandstone.
Inside of Agra Fort is beautiful, there is a beautiful garden. 
When I visited the palace, there will be a wedding there. 
Since early in the morning, they already decor and bring camel and horse there..
Wohooo I think crazy rich Indian just held the wedding there,
because I've told that the place basically not rent to ordinary people, 
only people who have connection with palace and also have money held the wedding there. 

  
Wedding set up

There is cafe in top of Agra. You have to go there and feel the ambience.
The scenery is very beautiful at night and very calm. really love it.
   

3. The City

The city itself are very exotic and unique. At the noon, as u can see there are lot of bird.
I've tried to capture it, sadly I capture from car, so basically you just see dirt of our mirror not birds LOL. 

 
 I rarely see birds in Jakarta so I was very amaze with the city


Another palace, but we can not enter the place.

This is also palace in the middle of water 


To conclude my India trip, even tho I experience something different.
but INDIA IS VERY VERY WORTH IT PLACE TO VISIT.
This country is very different with others countries that I visit.
so I really recommend you to go to India.  



Komentar

Postingan Populer