#Vlearned - Learned from SAFF&Co on how to use KOL (Key Opinion Leader or Influencer) as Marketing

I dedicated this year to a Learning Year. 

I made a new business last year, scale another business, and also temporarily closed a business.
2022 was a business year.

To be a better leader and entrepreneur, I need to fill my brain with knowledge and also wisdom. 
I  take some courses from Coursera and join some webinars this year. 
To help me to have wisdom, I took a bible class that I already start in 2021.
I will make a post for the bible study class in the next post. 
Because I learned a lot from that bible study class.

Today I learned KOL Marketing from the Co-Founder of SAFF&Co. 
SAFF&Co is a perfume brand from Indonesia and very famous lately. 
They became a trend lately not only because of the quality of their product but also because of their marketing. They use a lot of KOL to market their product. 

Some of the takeaways that I take today:

1. Which one is more effective in marketing our products, using KOL or digital ads?. To answer this question, we need to know our product. If our product relies on visuals, we can rely more on digital ads, but If our product does not rely on visuals, we must rely on KOL. Because KOL can describe the product through their words so that customers can smell or taste the product thru the KOL. This product is mostly f&b products and also perfume. 

2. To spend money on KOL, you need to know how long the product will survive in the market. You need to know your product, whether is it a seasonal product or a daily consumption product. For seasonal products don't spend a lot of money on KOL marketing, such as lato-lato products, you don't need a KOL for lato-lato, because it's seasonal.

3. To get the right KOL for our products. We need to analyze our consumers first. Their salary, education, and spending habits and find the same KOL that matches our customers.

4. To get the right KOL, we need at least to spend time 2 weeks to know them. their specialty, how they review the products, they produce the same product as ours, etc.

5. For the B2C companies, sales and marketing budgets are 6-14% and use nano or micro KOL. 

6. Which one that we need to use IG story/post/reels? The answer: KOL is an industry that is very personal. Reels might work for one KOL but might not work for another KOL. Some of the KOL already know that their IG story works for let's say skincare products, while IG feeds for restaurant or hotel reviews and their reels are for beauty products. You need to ask them and let them decide, don't intervene with their decision, because the KOL know their audience. 

7. Some questions are also like, which one that we need to use Tiktok or IG? Even the same KOL have a different audience on Tiktok and IG, so ask them or analyze by yourself about it.

8. KOL is human. Be nice to them. For the first-time contract, don't bargain because they offer a service. You can bargain if you want to take a bundling or contract for 6 mo or 1 year. This also means don't spam them, don't ghost them (if they reply to you, you need to reply to them asap). Don't punish them, just don't make enemies, be nice and make relations with everyone. 

9. Should I send all my product to KOL? and can I ask for returned the products after they review them? the answer is don't ask them to return your product, just send them a sample if you can't afford to send your products. You also can ask them what products they want or suggest something that might be like. 

10. After you use KOL as your marketing, don't forget to analyze the performance, so that you can learn and replicate if it's working with the KOL

11. Should I use an agency or approach KOL one by one?. The answer is, for brand new companies, you need to build relations with KOL because they know your audience might be more than you know. That's why you need to build relations with your KOL 

By the way, I also learned some technical things. But I think it's a little bit complicated to write in the blog. I recommend you to learn from her directly, hopefully, she will make another class for this lesson. 
For me, the lesson was open my eyes so much, since this is the first time I learned about KOL.



*Day2







Komentar

Postingan Populer